Europe’s commercial vehicle sales keep rising in Nov
The data showed that sales for light commercial vehicles increased 16.7% on the year in November to reach 148,322 units while sales for new heavy trucks were up 25.1% to 22,423 units. New truck sales rose 22.9% to reach 28,013 units while new bus and coach registrations also surged 26.3% to reach 3,595 units compared to the same month of 2014.
Among the largest European markets, Spain (+52.2%) and Italy (+28.4%) posted notable growth in November and were followed by Germany (+14.9%), the UK (+14.3%) and France (+5.6%) among the top performing countries. Meanwhile, during the January-November period, Spain (+37.9%), the UK (+16.4%), Italy (+11.9%), Germany (+3.9%) and France (+2.4%) all posted growth from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high