Europe’s commercial vehicle sales keep rising in Nov
The data showed that sales for light commercial vehicles increased 16.7% on the year in November to reach 148,322 units while sales for new heavy trucks were up 25.1% to 22,423 units. New truck sales rose 22.9% to reach 28,013 units while new bus and coach registrations also surged 26.3% to reach 3,595 units compared to the same month of 2014.
Among the largest European markets, Spain (+52.2%) and Italy (+28.4%) posted notable growth in November and were followed by Germany (+14.9%), the UK (+14.3%) and France (+5.6%) among the top performing countries. Meanwhile, during the January-November period, Spain (+37.9%), the UK (+16.4%), Italy (+11.9%), Germany (+3.9%) and France (+2.4%) all posted growth from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak