Europe’s commercial vehicle sales keep rising in Nov
The data showed that sales for light commercial vehicles increased 16.7% on the year in November to reach 148,322 units while sales for new heavy trucks were up 25.1% to 22,423 units. New truck sales rose 22.9% to reach 28,013 units while new bus and coach registrations also surged 26.3% to reach 3,595 units compared to the same month of 2014.
Among the largest European markets, Spain (+52.2%) and Italy (+28.4%) posted notable growth in November and were followed by Germany (+14.9%), the UK (+14.3%) and France (+5.6%) among the top performing countries. Meanwhile, during the January-November period, Spain (+37.9%), the UK (+16.4%), Italy (+11.9%), Germany (+3.9%) and France (+2.4%) all posted growth from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November