Europe’s ethylene purchasing sector under inspection on concerns over cartel
The Commission reported having concerns about whether the companies have violated EU antitrust rules that prohibit cartels and restrictive business practices, in the statement dated July 26. However, the Commission highlighted that the inspections are a preliminary step into suspected anticompetitive practices.
The Commission has not disclosed any company name being included in the investigation while US Celanese and Swiss Clariant reported that they are assisting the relevant authorities and cannot comment further on the details of an ongoing investigation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic