European Central Bank holds interest rates at record lows
According to ECB, inflation in the Eurozone will be at 0.6% this year, and 1.1% in 2015. This is under the central bank’s goal of inflation being just under 2% and despite stimulus measures taken since June. Measures to stimulate the economy and prevent a deflationary environment included cutting interest rates twice and offering cheap long-term loans to banks plus covered-bond purchase. The European Commission cut its growth estimates for the region this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets