European Central Bank holds interest rates unchanged
ECB president Mario Draghi stated that the region is suffering from sluggish economic growth and added the bank will take urgently measures to raise inflation as the inflation continued to decelerate and currently sits well below the bank’s target rate of just under 2%. Inflation in the eurozone slowed to 0.3% in November and is expected to continue slowing after a slump in crude oil prices this quarter.
The Bank also released its growth estimates for the eurozone economy. The ECB lowered its growth forecasts to 0.8% in 2014 and 1.6% in 2015 and its inflation estimates to 0.5% in 2014 and 0.7% in 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons