European Commission cuts 2016 growth forecast for eurozone
The ECB also reported that economic deceleration in most emerging countries is weighing on global trade, which may cause the region’s economic growth to slow to a level at which a decline in unemployment cannot be sustained.
For 2015, however, the commission raised its growth forecast to1.6 % from its previous projection of 1.5%. According to the EC, growth in the eurozone economy will accelerate to 1.9% in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record