European Commission cuts 2016 growth forecast for eurozone
The ECB also reported that economic deceleration in most emerging countries is weighing on global trade, which may cause the region’s economic growth to slow to a level at which a decline in unemployment cannot be sustained.
For 2015, however, the commission raised its growth forecast to1.6 % from its previous projection of 1.5%. According to the EC, growth in the eurozone economy will accelerate to 1.9% in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?