European Engineering Polymer & Recycle Grades
|Month: February 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||780||850|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PCR*)||760||810|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||900||960|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
Demand for engineering polymers was regular, especially at the beginning of February, while prices tracked a stable to softer trend.
Prices for PC and PA 6 posted decreases of up to €50/ton in line with the drop in the February benzene settlements. Supply for PC was limited in February, especially in the second half of the month, which resulted in expectations of higher prices in March for this product. Trinseo has already pioneered sharp hikes of €350/ton on their March PC prices in Europe, according to a statement on the company’s website. Meanwhile, import origins continued to lack competitiveness in February due to the weak euro/dollar parity. For March, the outlook is stable to firmer.
Regarding styrenics, SAN prices posted slight discounts between €10-30/ton compared to the previous month while supply was dwindling in the second half of the month after a West European supplier declared force majeure on SAN. However, players haven’t voiced any major supply concerns so far. For March, players project an upward trend in line with firmer styrene costs. For EPS, prices posted decreases of around €30-50/ton from the previous month. Supply was limited for this product, but it was in line with demand, which is slow due to the low season. For March, players project firmer prices in anticipation of a higher styrene settlement.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
This update for the new ChemOrbis monthly report “European Engineering Polymer & Recycle Grades” is available on Plastics News for promotion this month and will be moved to a separate section, subject to an additional charge.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports