European PP, PET, PVC prices hit multi-year highs
Sellers are seeking strong increases for March after PP and PVC prices posted relatively smaller increases in the past two months. Data obtained from ChemOrbis Price Wizard reveals that average PP and PVC prices are currently standing at their highest since the latter part of August in 2015.
The maintenance season for many crackers as well as PP and PVC units tightened availability in the region, which is deemed as a main factor for the recent upsurge. Plus, uncompetitive import prices played a key role in justifying large hike attempts among sellers.
Meanwhile, European PET prices have been steadily increasing for four months on higher feedstock costs and limited import material to reach near 2 year-high in Italy and over 2 and a half year in Northwest Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period