European PP buyers reluctant to pay increases beyond C3 hike
A West European producer is giving September PP offers with increases of €50/ton both in the contract and spot markets. A producer source commented, “We think that we will achieve our hike targets this month as demand is expected to improve. The overall supply is regular.”
In Germany, a distributor reported offering West European PP with increases of €40-50/ton from August and added that his supply is tight for certain grades. Another distributor sold Central European material up €30-40/ton from last month at €1000/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1050/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. The seller noted that he is doing back to back business as demand is rather calm.
A different distributor in the Netherlands applied increases between €25-40/ton on his September PP prices, which are standing at €1100-1110/ton for homo-PP and at €1140-1160/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 30/60 days. The seller commented that many buyers are still reluctant to make new purchases. According to him, supply is a bit limited, but the market conditions are balanced for the time being.
In Italy, some distributors issued hikes of €20-30/ton on their September PP prices. A converter bought South European PP block copolymer injection with an increase of €20/ton for September at €1180/ton on an FD basis. Another buyer reported, “Our West European supplier is aiming for increases of €40/ton, but we are confident about closing our deals with smaller hikes of €20/ton in line with propylene contracts. Our stocks are quite high and we are also waiting for our import shipments to arrive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns