European PP buyers reluctant to pay increases beyond C3 hike
A West European producer is giving September PP offers with increases of €50/ton both in the contract and spot markets. A producer source commented, “We think that we will achieve our hike targets this month as demand is expected to improve. The overall supply is regular.”
In Germany, a distributor reported offering West European PP with increases of €40-50/ton from August and added that his supply is tight for certain grades. Another distributor sold Central European material up €30-40/ton from last month at €1000/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1050/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. The seller noted that he is doing back to back business as demand is rather calm.
A different distributor in the Netherlands applied increases between €25-40/ton on his September PP prices, which are standing at €1100-1110/ton for homo-PP and at €1140-1160/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 30/60 days. The seller commented that many buyers are still reluctant to make new purchases. According to him, supply is a bit limited, but the market conditions are balanced for the time being.
In Italy, some distributors issued hikes of €20-30/ton on their September PP prices. A converter bought South European PP block copolymer injection with an increase of €20/ton for September at €1180/ton on an FD basis. Another buyer reported, “Our West European supplier is aiming for increases of €40/ton, but we are confident about closing our deals with smaller hikes of €20/ton in line with propylene contracts. Our stocks are quite high and we are also waiting for our import shipments to arrive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient