European PP buyers reluctant to pay increases beyond C3 hike
A West European producer is giving September PP offers with increases of €50/ton both in the contract and spot markets. A producer source commented, “We think that we will achieve our hike targets this month as demand is expected to improve. The overall supply is regular.”
In Germany, a distributor reported offering West European PP with increases of €40-50/ton from August and added that his supply is tight for certain grades. Another distributor sold Central European material up €30-40/ton from last month at €1000/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1050/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. The seller noted that he is doing back to back business as demand is rather calm.
A different distributor in the Netherlands applied increases between €25-40/ton on his September PP prices, which are standing at €1100-1110/ton for homo-PP and at €1140-1160/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 30/60 days. The seller commented that many buyers are still reluctant to make new purchases. According to him, supply is a bit limited, but the market conditions are balanced for the time being.
In Italy, some distributors issued hikes of €20-30/ton on their September PP prices. A converter bought South European PP block copolymer injection with an increase of €20/ton for September at €1180/ton on an FD basis. Another buyer reported, “Our West European supplier is aiming for increases of €40/ton, but we are confident about closing our deals with smaller hikes of €20/ton in line with propylene contracts. Our stocks are quite high and we are also waiting for our import shipments to arrive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook