European PP buyers unwilling to pay increases
A West European producer is giving spot PP offers for March with increases of €20-30/ton to Italy and Germany. A producer source reported, “We are seeking to wrap up our sales as soon as we can. Some of our customers have already placed their orders and we are negotiating to set prices.”
A distributor based in the Netherlands lifted his March PP prices by €20/ton, bringing his offers to €1030-1090/ton for homo-PP and to €1100-1150/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. The distributor stated that he will have limited stocks in the upcoming weeks due to his West European supplier’s maintenance shutdown in April.
In Italy, a converter bought West European cargoes with rollovers from last month at €950/ton for homo-PP and at €1000/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. The buyer commented, “We managed to get stable prices from one of our regular West European suppliers while other producers are still pushing for increases of €30-40/ton. We built some stocks in anticipation of an upward trend in the following months.” A few other buyers reported receiving March PP offers with €20-30/ton hikes from last month, but stated that they are taking a waiting stance for now to see if they can manage to find stable offers.
A converter in Belgium expressed his buy ideas with rollovers for his March PP contracts. Another converter in France made some purchases with increases of €10/ton for March from one of his regular European suppliers at €960/ton for homo-PP and at €1010/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. “Other producers are still pushing for stronger hikes. We aren’t planning to buy additional volumes as we have sufficient stocks at least until mid-April. PP prices are likely to move higher next month due to firmer costs and expectations of a reduction in availability,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades