European PS, ABS prices surface for June in Turkey
A trader reported his new offers at €1510/ton ($1676/ton) for GPPS and €1590/ton ($1765/ton) for HIPS CIF Turkey, cash. These levels were respectively up by €10/ton and €20/ton. The announcement followed the €20/ton higher styrene settlements in the region. “The Euro/USD parity has moved up recently, which may hurt our competitive power. Buying interest is low,” the trader stated.
Also, the trader received €20/ton higher ABS offers from his West European supplier. “We are yet to start offering for June as we have to negotiate with our source first. It is hard to replace material at current levels since there are competitive Asian cargoes in the market and trade is slow ahead of the elections,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull