European PS, ABS prices surface for June in Turkey
A trader reported his new offers at €1510/ton ($1676/ton) for GPPS and €1590/ton ($1765/ton) for HIPS CIF Turkey, cash. These levels were respectively up by €10/ton and €20/ton. The announcement followed the €20/ton higher styrene settlements in the region. “The Euro/USD parity has moved up recently, which may hurt our competitive power. Buying interest is low,” the trader stated.
Also, the trader received €20/ton higher ABS offers from his West European supplier. “We are yet to start offering for June as we have to negotiate with our source first. It is hard to replace material at current levels since there are competitive Asian cargoes in the market and trade is slow ahead of the elections,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers