European PS prices appear higher for June in Turkey
June styrene contract settled with a €60/ton ($67/ton) increase from May at €1180/ton ($1315/ton with recent parity) FOB NWE at the beginning of June.
An agent of a West European PS manufacturer reported, “We received €80/ton hikes from our supplier for the month. As activity is not brisk in Turkey, we prefer not to be very active until we hear prices from other regional suppliers. We hope to conclude some sales in the days to come if the euro/dollar parity becomes more favorable for us.”
Initial prices from the distributor are at €1300/ton for GPPS and €1360/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash no duty. The dollar equivalences of those levels come to $1448/ton and $1515/ton, respectively.
PS prices from Asian producers have been on a downwards trend for various origins since the middle of April in line with falling styrene costs in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand