European PS prices for September emerge in Turkey
“The maintenance shutdown at our supplier did not have a visible impact on their availability during August as players across Europe were on summer holidays. However, buyers have returned to their desks and demand has picked up there, which limits the producer’s September allocation to Turkey and consequently restricted their price decreases,” a trader explained.
Currently, West European offers are voiced at €1275-1280/ton ($1428/ton with recent parity) for GPPS and €1330/ton ($1490/ton) for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
September styrene contracts settled in Europe at €1200/ton ($1344/ton with the recent parity) FOB NWE, a €100/ton ($112/ton) drop from the August settlement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops