European PS prices post steep drops for April in Turkey
“Demand has been poor so far this week even after our three digit declines for PS. Turkish converters remain sidelined out of their expectations to see additional drops over the coming days,” the agent stated.
Hefty drops in PS prices were already expected as April styrene contracts settled down €275/ton ($293/ton) from March in the region early this week. Shortly after, two regional PS producers revealed decreases of €190-220/ton in their PS offers to Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe