European PS prices post steep drops for April in Turkey
“Demand has been poor so far this week even after our three digit declines for PS. Turkish converters remain sidelined out of their expectations to see additional drops over the coming days,” the agent stated.
Hefty drops in PS prices were already expected as April styrene contracts settled down €275/ton ($293/ton) from March in the region early this week. Shortly after, two regional PS producers revealed decreases of €190-220/ton in their PS offers to Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe