European PS prices retreat further for July in Turkey
This week, West European GPPS and HIPS prices posted additional drops of €40-70/ton ($45-78/ton), bringing the recent levels to €1330-1360/ton ($1423-1590/ton) and €1420/ton ($1590/ton), CIF Turkey, cash, respectively.
A converter, meanwhile, expressed his buy idea as low as €1300/ton for GPPS given his bearish expectations for the coming days. Most buyers are not in need of urgent material considering the Ramadan lull in their business and they prefer to adopt a wait and see stance for now, while sellers confirm muted activity.
In Italy, distributors are seeking €80-85/ton decreases on the month for PS after initially announcing €65/ton drops for July last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?