European PS prices retreat further for July in Turkey
This week, West European GPPS and HIPS prices posted additional drops of €40-70/ton ($45-78/ton), bringing the recent levels to €1330-1360/ton ($1423-1590/ton) and €1420/ton ($1590/ton), CIF Turkey, cash, respectively.
A converter, meanwhile, expressed his buy idea as low as €1300/ton for GPPS given his bearish expectations for the coming days. Most buyers are not in need of urgent material considering the Ramadan lull in their business and they prefer to adopt a wait and see stance for now, while sellers confirm muted activity.
In Italy, distributors are seeking €80-85/ton decreases on the month for PS after initially announcing €65/ton drops for July last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades