European PVC-ethylene spread narrows
The data shows that spot ethylene prices on FD NWE basis have increased by around €120/ton since the beginning of December after posting cumulative decreases of around €170/ton from late October to early December.
Nowadays, spot ethylene prices are almost being traded at par with PVC prices. Higher ethylene prices were attributed to the surging naphtha costs. Downstream, PVC sellers are seeking larger hikes than the half of the €45/ton increase in monthly ethylene contracts, although buyers are not willing to accept these hikes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov