European PVC-ethylene spread narrows
The data shows that spot ethylene prices on FD NWE basis have increased by around €120/ton since the beginning of December after posting cumulative decreases of around €170/ton from late October to early December.
Nowadays, spot ethylene prices are almost being traded at par with PVC prices. Higher ethylene prices were attributed to the surging naphtha costs. Downstream, PVC sellers are seeking larger hikes than the half of the €45/ton increase in monthly ethylene contracts, although buyers are not willing to accept these hikes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe