European PVC producers aim for hikes, buyers seek to negotiate
A West European producer announced an increase of €40/ton for their June PVC contracts. A producer source stated that demand is good so far and they are seeking to recover their margins.
Another West European producer lifted their PVC prices by €30-35/ton for June. A source from the producer commented, “Our supply is normal for now, but we have less quantities for the export market. We are seeking to recover our margins. The strikes in France might affect supply during the month.”
A different West European producer started giving June PVC offers up €40/ton from May. A source from the producer stated that their allocation is quite limited for the Italian market.
Prior to the announcements from European producers, several buyers had expressed their June buy ideas with smaller increases of €10-15/ton considering the ethylene settlement. This week, a converter in Belgium made some purchases from a West European producer with increases of €20/ton for June and received a few offers with larger hikes of €35/ton from another producer, with whom he is negotiating. “Our end product demand was stronger in May and it has slowed down recently as demand is weaker from France due to the ongoing strikes. Meanwhile, we didn’t experience any supply issues,” the buyer noted.
Another converter in Italy also bought West European PVC up €20/ton for June while receiving Central European PVC offers with increases of €30/ton from last month. The buyer reported hearing about reduced availability from producers due to the strikes in France.
An agent of a Central European producer raised his PVC prices by €15-20/ton for June in Italy. The seller said that his stocks are limited and his supplier is firm on their prices, adding that some buyers have agreed to pay increases of €15/ton on their initial June PVC deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy