European PVC producers aim for hikes, buyers seek to negotiate
A West European producer announced an increase of €40/ton for their June PVC contracts. A producer source stated that demand is good so far and they are seeking to recover their margins.
Another West European producer lifted their PVC prices by €30-35/ton for June. A source from the producer commented, “Our supply is normal for now, but we have less quantities for the export market. We are seeking to recover our margins. The strikes in France might affect supply during the month.”
A different West European producer started giving June PVC offers up €40/ton from May. A source from the producer stated that their allocation is quite limited for the Italian market.
Prior to the announcements from European producers, several buyers had expressed their June buy ideas with smaller increases of €10-15/ton considering the ethylene settlement. This week, a converter in Belgium made some purchases from a West European producer with increases of €20/ton for June and received a few offers with larger hikes of €35/ton from another producer, with whom he is negotiating. “Our end product demand was stronger in May and it has slowed down recently as demand is weaker from France due to the ongoing strikes. Meanwhile, we didn’t experience any supply issues,” the buyer noted.
Another converter in Italy also bought West European PVC up €20/ton for June while receiving Central European PVC offers with increases of €30/ton from last month. The buyer reported hearing about reduced availability from producers due to the strikes in France.
An agent of a Central European producer raised his PVC prices by €15-20/ton for June in Italy. The seller said that his stocks are limited and his supplier is firm on their prices, adding that some buyers have agreed to pay increases of €15/ton on their initial June PVC deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing