European PVC producers aim for hikes, buyers skeptical
A West European producer started giving September PVC offers with increases of €5-10/ton from August. A producer source commented, “We are targeting to recover our margins we lost in July while we are yet to receive feedback regarding our new offers. Demand is supposed to pick up in Germany. Buyers in Italy and France are taking a waiting stance for now.”
Another West European producer also applied small increases of €10/ton on their September PVC prices. A source from the producer noted, “Demand is good so far and we expect September to be a strong month in terms of trading activities after buying interest was below expectations in August.”
Despite producers’ hike targets, stable PVC prices are available in Italy’s spot market. A distributor offering Central European PVC left his offers unchanged for September. The seller stated that he has short supply for k70, adding that he has received a positive feedback from his customers so far.
A compounder confirmed receiving stable offers from August for Central European PVC. The buyer expects to close his deals in the second half of the month, commenting that demand is good for now. Another compounder has already bought West and Central European PVC with rollovers from last month while stating that small hike requests of €10/ton are also present. However, he thinks that sellers aiming for increases might adjust their prices in the upcoming days.
Another buyer in France settled their September PVC contracts at stable levels from August and commented that the pipe sector is calm for the time being as many players have just returned to the market following the holidays.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices lose 25-30% globally since August
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats further on weak demand
- Export PET prices out of Asia sink to 7-month low
- Will hike targets fail in Europe's PE market?
- Initial December expectations call for rebound in India’s PVC market
- China braces for a new wave of PE capacity in 2019-2022
- Import PS markets hit almost one-year low in Asia
- Mid-Eastern producers approaching PE markets for November
- Will lower propylene cast shadow on European PP sellers’ hike intentions ?
- Global oil and petchem companies announce financial results for Q3