European PVC sellers and buyers at odds for July pricing
A major PVC producer in Europe reported that they are not willing to concede to any discounts as their supply is not ample and they have to recover their margins. A source added, “Demand should be good this month like in June.”
A West European producer commented, “We have revealed July PVC contracts with rollovers as demand is better compared to last year while supply is regular. We will try to limit decreases following the ethylene drop. Nevertheless, we might concede to only small discounts as the month proceeds.”
However, some of the producers conceded to discounts of €10-20/ton due to the lower settlement of ethylene and larger discounts of up to €25/ton were also available in the distribution channel.
A different PVC producer, who applied €20/ton discounts on July offers, reported that they might expand the decreases up to €25/ton depending on the bids they receive for large tonnages.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets