European PVC sellers and buyers at odds for July pricing
A major PVC producer in Europe reported that they are not willing to concede to any discounts as their supply is not ample and they have to recover their margins. A source added, “Demand should be good this month like in June.”
A West European producer commented, “We have revealed July PVC contracts with rollovers as demand is better compared to last year while supply is regular. We will try to limit decreases following the ethylene drop. Nevertheless, we might concede to only small discounts as the month proceeds.”
However, some of the producers conceded to discounts of €10-20/ton due to the lower settlement of ethylene and larger discounts of up to €25/ton were also available in the distribution channel.
A different PVC producer, who applied €20/ton discounts on July offers, reported that they might expand the decreases up to €25/ton depending on the bids they receive for large tonnages.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally