European PVC softens first time in 3 months in Turkey
As was already noted in ChemOrbis Daily Headline European PVC yields to patchy demand in Turkey, follows US PVC lower, the softening in European PVC has come after a month that the downturn of US PVC kicked off.
European PVC k67 prices were mostly reported at $1000-1035/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty. Yet, medium and large scaled buyers obtained lower offers at $975-990/ton, which pushed the overall range down by $45/ton on the low end from last week.
A profile manufacturer projected that offers from traders will move down to around $950-960/ton in the upcoming days, saying, “Now that the approaching year end and the winter season combined with the volatile USD/lira parity keep activity stalled and lower PVC prices out of the US weigh down on sellers, we believe that European PVC prices have room to come down further.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers