European PVC softens first time in 3 months in Turkey
As was already noted in ChemOrbis Daily Headline European PVC yields to patchy demand in Turkey, follows US PVC lower, the softening in European PVC has come after a month that the downturn of US PVC kicked off.
European PVC k67 prices were mostly reported at $1000-1035/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty. Yet, medium and large scaled buyers obtained lower offers at $975-990/ton, which pushed the overall range down by $45/ton on the low end from last week.
A profile manufacturer projected that offers from traders will move down to around $950-960/ton in the upcoming days, saying, “Now that the approaching year end and the winter season combined with the volatile USD/lira parity keep activity stalled and lower PVC prices out of the US weigh down on sellers, we believe that European PVC prices have room to come down further.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe