European PVC softens first time in 3 months in Turkey
As was already noted in ChemOrbis Daily Headline European PVC yields to patchy demand in Turkey, follows US PVC lower, the softening in European PVC has come after a month that the downturn of US PVC kicked off.
European PVC k67 prices were mostly reported at $1000-1035/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty. Yet, medium and large scaled buyers obtained lower offers at $975-990/ton, which pushed the overall range down by $45/ton on the low end from last week.
A profile manufacturer projected that offers from traders will move down to around $950-960/ton in the upcoming days, saying, “Now that the approaching year end and the winter season combined with the volatile USD/lira parity keep activity stalled and lower PVC prices out of the US weigh down on sellers, we believe that European PVC prices have room to come down further.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May