Plasticizers - Europe June 2017
The price ranges are quoted at €1400-1650/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1480-1550/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
Supply issues put a considerable pressure on the plasticizers prices and converters are struggling to find the needed amounts for this month, players concur. Suppliers opened the month of June with strong increases both on DINP and DOTP prices. A distributor selling West European material commented, “We have sold all of our allocations for the month as the material is very short. However, we think that the situation might stabilize in July and prices are expected to post rollovers to small increases.”
An agent of a Central European source sold his DOTP cargoes with increases of €50/ton while applying €200/ton hikes for DINP and DIDP. The source said that material is still very short and it is given only to the regular customers.
On the buyer’s side, converters are trying to secure their monthly needs, complaining about the divergent pricing policies in the market. A PVC compounder commented, “We purchased some Korean DOTP at €1300/ton directly from the producer, while in Europe, resellers are selling it at around €1500/ton. Suppliers are taking advantage of the shortness of the market.”
South Korean DOTP is reported within the range of €1300-1550/ton while Turkish material is at €1400-1450/ton on DDP, 60 days, attracting buying interest as they are standing below the local range in some cases.
Expectations for the short term are stable, given the tight availability and the fact that most of the suppliers have already sold out. July expectations started to emerge this week and players agreed on seeing a stable trend or only some small upward adjustments due to the prevailing shortage in the market. However, a seller said that supply might improve in July following Evonik’s return, which is expected during this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers