Plasticizers - Europe H1 November 2017
The price ranges for November stand at €1250-1380/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1280-1350/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of Central European material sold his November DOTP volumes at stable levels while he applied small increases of €10/ton on DINP and DIDP prices early in the month. The seller commented that low ends of the overall ranges are disappearing as offers from Asia are no longer offering a competitive edge.
On the buyers’ side, converters are purchasing their November material in small amounts as demand is considered to be quite in the midst of the low season for many applications. A compounder, who received his November offers with rollovers to €10-20/ton decreases, said, “We think that the gap between high and low ends narrowed as suppliers offering on the high ends of the ranges conceded to small discounts for November.” Other buyers, meanwhile, either decided to take a waiting stance in order to see if prices will post further decreases as the month wears on or to buy from the import market.
In the import market, DOTP from Turkey has been reported within the range of €1160-1220/ton on DDP, 60 days, which is still considered to be competitive compare to the local ranges. Locally held South Korean DOTP was traded at €1280-1320/ton while DINP and DIDP were dealt at €1250-1300/ton for the same origin.
As for the remainder of the month, plasticizers prices are likely to maintain their current levels owing to weak demand and comfortable supplies. Early December expectations are calling for a stable to softer trend as supply might improve further in the next few months. BASF lifted force majeure on plasticizers in Europe in early November, which puts extra pressure on European and import suppliers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic