Plasticizers - Europe H1 November 2017
The price ranges for November stand at €1250-1380/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1280-1350/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of Central European material sold his November DOTP volumes at stable levels while he applied small increases of €10/ton on DINP and DIDP prices early in the month. The seller commented that low ends of the overall ranges are disappearing as offers from Asia are no longer offering a competitive edge.
On the buyers’ side, converters are purchasing their November material in small amounts as demand is considered to be quite in the midst of the low season for many applications. A compounder, who received his November offers with rollovers to €10-20/ton decreases, said, “We think that the gap between high and low ends narrowed as suppliers offering on the high ends of the ranges conceded to small discounts for November.” Other buyers, meanwhile, either decided to take a waiting stance in order to see if prices will post further decreases as the month wears on or to buy from the import market.
In the import market, DOTP from Turkey has been reported within the range of €1160-1220/ton on DDP, 60 days, which is still considered to be competitive compare to the local ranges. Locally held South Korean DOTP was traded at €1280-1320/ton while DINP and DIDP were dealt at €1250-1300/ton for the same origin.
As for the remainder of the month, plasticizers prices are likely to maintain their current levels owing to weak demand and comfortable supplies. Early December expectations are calling for a stable to softer trend as supply might improve further in the next few months. BASF lifted force majeure on plasticizers in Europe in early November, which puts extra pressure on European and import suppliers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe