Plasticizers - Europe H1 November 2017
The price ranges for November stand at €1250-1380/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1280-1350/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of Central European material sold his November DOTP volumes at stable levels while he applied small increases of €10/ton on DINP and DIDP prices early in the month. The seller commented that low ends of the overall ranges are disappearing as offers from Asia are no longer offering a competitive edge.
On the buyers’ side, converters are purchasing their November material in small amounts as demand is considered to be quite in the midst of the low season for many applications. A compounder, who received his November offers with rollovers to €10-20/ton decreases, said, “We think that the gap between high and low ends narrowed as suppliers offering on the high ends of the ranges conceded to small discounts for November.” Other buyers, meanwhile, either decided to take a waiting stance in order to see if prices will post further decreases as the month wears on or to buy from the import market.
In the import market, DOTP from Turkey has been reported within the range of €1160-1220/ton on DDP, 60 days, which is still considered to be competitive compare to the local ranges. Locally held South Korean DOTP was traded at €1280-1320/ton while DINP and DIDP were dealt at €1250-1300/ton for the same origin.
As for the remainder of the month, plasticizers prices are likely to maintain their current levels owing to weak demand and comfortable supplies. Early December expectations are calling for a stable to softer trend as supply might improve further in the next few months. BASF lifted force majeure on plasticizers in Europe in early November, which puts extra pressure on European and import suppliers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low