Plasticizers - Europe H2 October 2017
The price ranges for October stand at €1290-1450/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1220-1370/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of a Northwest European producer sold DINP and DIDP €30/ton higher over last month. The source commented, “We had limited allocations from our supplier given a planned maintenance work during October. As for November, we expect a downward pressure stemming from BASF’s competitive prices.” The seller also added that DOTP prices might post further decreases given ample supplies in the import market. A South European producer also sold DINP and DIDP with increases of€30/ton over last month, adding that they expect a stable to softer trend for November.
A couple of traders selling DOTP material allocated their October quotas with decreases from last month. One of the traders, meanwhile, has already sold half of his November allocations at stable levels compare to the first part of the month. The seller said, “Demand is normal and in line with this time of the year. As for November, we think that competitive Turkish offers will disappear from the market and the gap between import and European prices will narrow, which will lead to a more balanced market.”
On the converters’ side, buyers wrapped up their October business and now they are focused on the November outlook. In the import market, Turkish DOTP has been traded within the range of €1200-1260/ton on DDP basis, 60 days.
Players widely agree that plasticizers prices might follow a stable to softer trend in November, considering the lack of supply issues, the slowdown in demand ahead of the low season for many applications and the downward pressure coming from the import market. In addition, spot propylene prices are approximately €15/ton below early October levels, which strengthen stable to softer expectations for the outcome of the next monomer contracts.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record