Plasticizers - Europe H2 October 2017
The price ranges for October stand at €1290-1450/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1220-1370/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of a Northwest European producer sold DINP and DIDP €30/ton higher over last month. The source commented, “We had limited allocations from our supplier given a planned maintenance work during October. As for November, we expect a downward pressure stemming from BASF’s competitive prices.” The seller also added that DOTP prices might post further decreases given ample supplies in the import market. A South European producer also sold DINP and DIDP with increases of€30/ton over last month, adding that they expect a stable to softer trend for November.
A couple of traders selling DOTP material allocated their October quotas with decreases from last month. One of the traders, meanwhile, has already sold half of his November allocations at stable levels compare to the first part of the month. The seller said, “Demand is normal and in line with this time of the year. As for November, we think that competitive Turkish offers will disappear from the market and the gap between import and European prices will narrow, which will lead to a more balanced market.”
On the converters’ side, buyers wrapped up their October business and now they are focused on the November outlook. In the import market, Turkish DOTP has been traded within the range of €1200-1260/ton on DDP basis, 60 days.
Players widely agree that plasticizers prices might follow a stable to softer trend in November, considering the lack of supply issues, the slowdown in demand ahead of the low season for many applications and the downward pressure coming from the import market. In addition, spot propylene prices are approximately €15/ton below early October levels, which strengthen stable to softer expectations for the outcome of the next monomer contracts.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops