Plasticizers - Europe November 2014
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with decreases of €30-40/ton from October. The seller expects prices to decline further in December, commenting that the market can not support any increases.
A compounder made some purchases €20-30/ton below October. “Demand is weak while supply is ample. Producers are lowering their prices for plasticizers as they are struggling to conclude deals. We project further reductions for December,” he commented.
Another compounder reported that the market is quite weak and stated that West European suppliers issued decreases of €50-60/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer expects prices to decline further next month.
A different converter also obtained discounts of €20-30/ton on his November deals for plasticizers and voiced bearish expectations for the upcoming month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures