European Plasticizers Update
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with decreases of €30-40/ton from October. The seller expects prices to decline further in December, commenting that the market can not support any increases.
A compounder made some purchases €20-30/ton below October. “Demand is weak while supply is ample. Producers are lowering their prices for plasticizers as they are struggling to conclude deals. We project further reductions for December,” he commented.
Another compounder reported that the market is quite weak and stated that West European suppliers issued decreases of €50-60/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer expects prices to decline further next month.
A different converter also obtained discounts of €20-30/ton on his November deals for plasticizers and voiced bearish expectations for the upcoming month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs