European Plasticizers Update
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with decreases of €30-40/ton from October. The seller expects prices to decline further in December, commenting that the market can not support any increases.
A compounder made some purchases €20-30/ton below October. “Demand is weak while supply is ample. Producers are lowering their prices for plasticizers as they are struggling to conclude deals. We project further reductions for December,” he commented.
Another compounder reported that the market is quite weak and stated that West European suppliers issued decreases of €50-60/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer expects prices to decline further next month.
A different converter also obtained discounts of €20-30/ton on his November deals for plasticizers and voiced bearish expectations for the upcoming month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports