European Plasticizers Update
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with decreases of €30-40/ton from October. The seller expects prices to decline further in December, commenting that the market can not support any increases.
A compounder made some purchases €20-30/ton below October. “Demand is weak while supply is ample. Producers are lowering their prices for plasticizers as they are struggling to conclude deals. We project further reductions for December,” he commented.
Another compounder reported that the market is quite weak and stated that West European suppliers issued decreases of €50-60/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer expects prices to decline further next month.
A different converter also obtained discounts of €20-30/ton on his November deals for plasticizers and voiced bearish expectations for the upcoming month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy