Plasticizers - Europe January 2015
Sellers approached the market with discounts of €30-40/ton at the beginning of the month, but decreases gained speed afterwards due to downward pressure from the large drop in the propylene contracts as well as weak demand and ample supply.
Some buyers elected to delay their purchases to February, when they expect to find lower prices, while others made some purchases for small volumes after obtaining larger discounts compared to the initial January decreases.
A converter received January offers with decreases of €50/ton for Central European origins. The buyer reported limiting his purchases due to bearish expectations for the upcoming month. A compounder, who bought South and Central European material €60/ton below last month, reported, “The plasticizers market is weak and supply is ample. Some producers are seeking to deplete their stocks. We project further reductions for February.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September