Plasticizers - Europe March 2015
A South European producer announced increases of €50/ton on their plasticizers prices for March. A producer source reported seeing improved demand over the past few months, adding that buyers preferred to buy plasticizers other than DOP, for which prices went up.
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with increases of €40/ton for March. The distributor commented, “The market has improved this month as supply is not ample for plasticizers anymore given better demand as well as the lack of imports from Asia.”
A compounder paid increases of €30/ton for West European material. According to the buyer, supply and demand are in balance while demand for his end products is not encouraging. Another compounder said, “We bought South and Central European cargoes with increases of €30-40/ton for March. Demand is still not brilliant, although it has slightly picked up over the past month.”
Players also started to voice their expectations for April. Some buyers think that the plasticizers market will not post notable changes next month. Looking at upstream markets, however, propylene contracts for April are expected to settle higher following the higher ethylene settlement, which might lend support to the plasticizers market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers