European Plasticizers Update
A South European producer concluded some April plasticizers deals with hikes of €30/ton from last month. A producer source said, “Demand is better year on year and the market is balanced. We project rollovers to further increases for May given the approaching high season.”
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with increases of €20-30/ton for April. “Market conditions for plasticizers have improved this month as supply is not ample anymore due to lack of imports from Asia. We think that the outlook is firm for May,” he commented.
Buyers paid increases of €20-30/ton on their April plasticizers deals for European origins, commenting that supply and demand has been balanced this month.
For May, expectations are calling for rollovers to further increases in the plasticizers market based on the approaching high season as well as firmer upstream costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays