Plasticizers - Europe April 2015
A South European producer concluded some April plasticizers deals with hikes of €30/ton from last month. A producer source said, “Demand is better year on year and the market is balanced. We project rollovers to further increases for May given the approaching high season.”
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with increases of €20-30/ton for April. “Market conditions for plasticizers have improved this month as supply is not ample anymore due to lack of imports from Asia. We think that the outlook is firm for May,” he commented.
Buyers paid increases of €20-30/ton on their April plasticizers deals for European origins, commenting that supply and demand has been balanced this month.
For May, expectations are calling for rollovers to further increases in the plasticizers market based on the approaching high season as well as firmer upstream costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally