Plasticizers - Europe June 2015
A distributor sold out his May allocation with €20/ton hikes from the previous month, commenting, “Demand was good and it was in balance with comfortable supply. Meanwhile, availability for DOP was rather scarce compared to the other products.”
A South European producer concluded their May deals with increases of €30/ton for plasticizers. A producer source reported, “Demand was good in May owing to the high season. However, we are concerned about supply constraints in the PVC market. Lack of PVC availability could slow down demand for plasticizers in June, although prices might gain further ground in line with higher feedstock costs.”
Buyers paid increases between €20-30/ton on their May deals for plasticizers and considered the market dynamics to be in balance. For June, expectations were calling for mainly rollovers in the first half of last month on the buyers’ side. However, the plasticizers market might see support from firmer upstream costs for another month in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem