European Plasticizers Update
A distributor sold out his May allocation with €20/ton hikes from the previous month, commenting, “Demand was good and it was in balance with comfortable supply. Meanwhile, availability for DOP was rather scarce compared to the other products.”
A South European producer concluded their May deals with increases of €30/ton for plasticizers. A producer source reported, “Demand was good in May owing to the high season. However, we are concerned about supply constraints in the PVC market. Lack of PVC availability could slow down demand for plasticizers in June, although prices might gain further ground in line with higher feedstock costs.”
Buyers paid increases between €20-30/ton on their May deals for plasticizers and considered the market dynamics to be in balance. For June, expectations were calling for mainly rollovers in the first half of last month on the buyers’ side. However, the plasticizers market might see support from firmer upstream costs for another month in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa