Plasticizers - Europe June 2015
A distributor, who lifted his prices for plasticizers by €30/ton at the beginning of June, toned down his hike requests to €10/ton for DINP and DIDP later in the month, but obtained €30/ton on his June deals for DOTP, for which supply is reportedly tight. According to the seller, the plasticizers market is more balanced compared to PVC and prices might continue to track a trend similar to June in July.
A South European producer concluded their June deals for plasticizers up €20/ton from May after stepping back from their initial hike requests of €30/ton. A producer source commented, “Supply was comfortable and demand was good in June. Increases were mainly driven by higher feedstock costs.”
Despite the modest hikes reported by sellers, a few buyers reported obtaining rollovers on their June deals. A compounder reported purchasing DIDP and DINP at stable levels for June while paying slight increases of €10-20/ton for DOTP due to tighter supply for this product. Another compounder also bought some West and South European DIDP and DINP with rollovers to slight increases of €10/ton from last month on a needs only basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions