Plasticizers - Europe June 2015
A distributor, who lifted his prices for plasticizers by €30/ton at the beginning of June, toned down his hike requests to €10/ton for DINP and DIDP later in the month, but obtained €30/ton on his June deals for DOTP, for which supply is reportedly tight. According to the seller, the plasticizers market is more balanced compared to PVC and prices might continue to track a trend similar to June in July.
A South European producer concluded their June deals for plasticizers up €20/ton from May after stepping back from their initial hike requests of €30/ton. A producer source commented, “Supply was comfortable and demand was good in June. Increases were mainly driven by higher feedstock costs.”
Despite the modest hikes reported by sellers, a few buyers reported obtaining rollovers on their June deals. A compounder reported purchasing DIDP and DINP at stable levels for June while paying slight increases of €10-20/ton for DOTP due to tighter supply for this product. Another compounder also bought some West and South European DIDP and DINP with rollovers to slight increases of €10/ton from last month on a needs only basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles