Plasticizers - Europe July 2015
A distributor concluded some deals with decreases of €20/ton for DINP and DIDP in July, citing comfortable supply amidst slow demand while commenting that DOTP prices remained at relatively high levels due to ongoing tightness for this product. The distributor expects to see decreases in August considering lower ethylene costs and the summer holidays.
A South European producer concluded some July deals for plasticizers with rollovers or slight discounts of €10/ton for larger volumes. A producer source commented that the stabilization of the PVC market lent support to prices for plasticizers.
Some buyers reported receiving stable July offers in the first half of the month. However, the plasticizers market gave signs of a mild softening afterwards, weighed down by high stocks on the sellers’ side amidst slow demand.
A compounder bought some West and South European DINP and DIDP with decreases of €20/ton from June and commented that sellers appeared to be under sales pressure. Several other converters also reported obtaining discounts of €10/ton on their July deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand