Plasticizers - Europe July 2015
A distributor concluded some deals with decreases of €20/ton for DINP and DIDP in July, citing comfortable supply amidst slow demand while commenting that DOTP prices remained at relatively high levels due to ongoing tightness for this product. The distributor expects to see decreases in August considering lower ethylene costs and the summer holidays.
A South European producer concluded some July deals for plasticizers with rollovers or slight discounts of €10/ton for larger volumes. A producer source commented that the stabilization of the PVC market lent support to prices for plasticizers.
Some buyers reported receiving stable July offers in the first half of the month. However, the plasticizers market gave signs of a mild softening afterwards, weighed down by high stocks on the sellers’ side amidst slow demand.
A compounder bought some West and South European DINP and DIDP with decreases of €20/ton from June and commented that sellers appeared to be under sales pressure. Several other converters also reported obtaining discounts of €10/ton on their July deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May