Plasticizers - Europe September 2015
At the beginning of August, a South European producer announced his initial prices for plasticizers with rollovers from July. A producer source commented that trading activities were calm due to the summer lull and added that demand could revive as of late August. A compounder bought West European cargoes with rollovers to €10/ton decreases for August and commented that the market was quiet.
By the end of the month, however, the plasticizers market started to track a trend similar as the PVC market and posted larger reductions compared to the initial discounts. A compounder bought West and South European material with decreases of €25-30/ton from July. According to the buyer, supply for DOTP was tighter compared to DINP and DIDP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?