European Plasticizers Update
At the beginning of August, a South European producer announced his initial prices for plasticizers with rollovers from July. A producer source commented that trading activities were calm due to the summer lull and added that demand could revive as of late August. A compounder bought West European cargoes with rollovers to €10/ton decreases for August and commented that the market was quiet.
By the end of the month, however, the plasticizers market started to track a trend similar as the PVC market and posted larger reductions compared to the initial discounts. A compounder bought West and South European material with decreases of €25-30/ton from July. According to the buyer, supply for DOTP was tighter compared to DINP and DIDP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays
- Turkish PP, PE markets enter Eid holidays on weak note
- Asia’s September PVC outlook takes shape amid dwindling supplies