European Plasticizers Update
A South European producer concluded their September deals for plasticizers with decreases of €40-50/ton from last month. A producer source commented, “Demand has been good as buyers’ stocks were mostly empty after August. We think that October will also be a good month in terms of trading activities. Prices for plasticizers are likely to decline next month considering the lower propylene settlements.”
A distributor sold Central European cargoes with decreases of €30-50/ton for September. According to the distributor, supply and demand were in balance.
A compounder bought West European material with discounts of €50/ton from last month, commenting, “DOP is disappearing from the market due to more competitive prices for DINP and DIDP.” Another compounder made some purchases €50-60/ton below last month. The buyer reported seeing good demand for his end products in September and commented that plasticizers suppliers conceded to slightly larger discounts due to sales pressure.
A converter bought West and South European material with decreases between €45-60/ton for September. According to the buyer, producers had high stocks left from the past few months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops