European Plasticizers Update
A South European producer concluded some October deals for plasticizers with decreases of €20/ton from September. A producer source commented, “Prices declined due to lower feedstock costs while demand was good this month. For November, we think that stabilization is possible while increases are unlikely.”
Many buyers reported making some purchases with decreases of up to €50-60/ton for October. A compounder commented, “Sellers appear to be under pressure due to their high stocks. Meanwhile, our end product demand is weak and is likely to remain muted in the next few months.”
Another compounder confirmed ample availability for plasticizers and commented that suppliers faced difficulty depleting their stocks in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops