Plasticizers - Europe October 2015
A South European producer concluded some October deals for plasticizers with decreases of €20/ton from September. A producer source commented, “Prices declined due to lower feedstock costs while demand was good this month. For November, we think that stabilization is possible while increases are unlikely.”
Many buyers reported making some purchases with decreases of up to €50-60/ton for October. A compounder commented, “Sellers appear to be under pressure due to their high stocks. Meanwhile, our end product demand is weak and is likely to remain muted in the next few months.”
Another compounder confirmed ample availability for plasticizers and commented that suppliers faced difficulty depleting their stocks in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally