Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
A South European producer completed their November business for plasticizers with rollovers. A producer source commented that supply is short for DINP and DIDP so they might ask for some increases in December.
A distributor concluded his November deals with rollovers to discounts of €30/ton. The seller reported, “Prices remained stable for DIDP and DINP owing to short supply amidst good demand, but DOTP offers posted reductions.”
Several buyers also reported making purchases at mainly stable levels for DINP and DIDP in November while reporting slight decreases for DOTP, pointing to incoming imports from Far East Asia for this product. Regarding December, the buyers consider mild increases to be possible for DINP and DIDP considering dwindling supply. In addition, a few players think that the plasticizers market might also receive support from the upstream markets, with ethylene contracts settling up €22.5/ton for December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs