Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
A South European producer completed their November business for plasticizers with rollovers. A producer source commented that supply is short for DINP and DIDP so they might ask for some increases in December.
A distributor concluded his November deals with rollovers to discounts of €30/ton. The seller reported, “Prices remained stable for DIDP and DINP owing to short supply amidst good demand, but DOTP offers posted reductions.”
Several buyers also reported making purchases at mainly stable levels for DINP and DIDP in November while reporting slight decreases for DOTP, pointing to incoming imports from Far East Asia for this product. Regarding December, the buyers consider mild increases to be possible for DINP and DIDP considering dwindling supply. In addition, a few players think that the plasticizers market might also receive support from the upstream markets, with ethylene contracts settling up €22.5/ton for December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?