Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
A South European producer completed their November business for plasticizers with rollovers. A producer source commented that supply is short for DINP and DIDP so they might ask for some increases in December.
A distributor concluded his November deals with rollovers to discounts of €30/ton. The seller reported, “Prices remained stable for DIDP and DINP owing to short supply amidst good demand, but DOTP offers posted reductions.”
Several buyers also reported making purchases at mainly stable levels for DINP and DIDP in November while reporting slight decreases for DOTP, pointing to incoming imports from Far East Asia for this product. Regarding December, the buyers consider mild increases to be possible for DINP and DIDP considering dwindling supply. In addition, a few players think that the plasticizers market might also receive support from the upstream markets, with ethylene contracts settling up €22.5/ton for December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?