Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
At the beginning of the month, sellers sought to achieve increases of €10/ton to €20/ton from November due to limited supply. “We have concluded some deals with rollovers to slight reductions depending on volumes and customers. At the beginning of the month, supply was a bit short for DINP and DIDP, but supply has normalized during the month owing to balanced demand,” said a distributor.
A South European producer reported concluding their December businesses for plasticizers with rollovers to decreases from November. A producer source reported that supply was quite limited while demand was good. He also added that they expected to see rollovers to slight increases in January due to short supply.
A PVC compounder also commented that they made some purchases this month with rollovers to slight decreases.
For January, some market players expect to see rollovers or increases due to limited supply, although a few players think that prices will remain stable to slightly softer due to lower feedstocks costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia