Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
At the beginning of the month, sellers sought to achieve increases of €10/ton to €20/ton from November due to limited supply. “We have concluded some deals with rollovers to slight reductions depending on volumes and customers. At the beginning of the month, supply was a bit short for DINP and DIDP, but supply has normalized during the month owing to balanced demand,” said a distributor.
A South European producer reported concluding their December businesses for plasticizers with rollovers to decreases from November. A producer source reported that supply was quite limited while demand was good. He also added that they expected to see rollovers to slight increases in January due to short supply.
A PVC compounder also commented that they made some purchases this month with rollovers to slight decreases.
For January, some market players expect to see rollovers or increases due to limited supply, although a few players think that prices will remain stable to slightly softer due to lower feedstocks costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?