Plasticizers - Europe December 2015
At the beginning of the month, sellers sought to achieve increases of €10/ton to €20/ton from November due to limited supply. “We have concluded some deals with rollovers to slight reductions depending on volumes and customers. At the beginning of the month, supply was a bit short for DINP and DIDP, but supply has normalized during the month owing to balanced demand,” said a distributor.
A South European producer reported concluding their December businesses for plasticizers with rollovers to decreases from November. A producer source reported that supply was quite limited while demand was good. He also added that they expected to see rollovers to slight increases in January due to short supply.
A PVC compounder also commented that they made some purchases this month with rollovers to slight decreases.
For January, some market players expect to see rollovers or increases due to limited supply, although a few players think that prices will remain stable to slightly softer due to lower feedstocks costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak