European Plasticizers Update
At the beginning of the month, sellers sought to achieve increases of €10/ton to €20/ton from November due to limited supply. “We have concluded some deals with rollovers to slight reductions depending on volumes and customers. At the beginning of the month, supply was a bit short for DINP and DIDP, but supply has normalized during the month owing to balanced demand,” said a distributor.
A South European producer reported concluding their December businesses for plasticizers with rollovers to decreases from November. A producer source reported that supply was quite limited while demand was good. He also added that they expected to see rollovers to slight increases in January due to short supply.
A PVC compounder also commented that they made some purchases this month with rollovers to slight decreases.
For January, some market players expect to see rollovers or increases due to limited supply, although a few players think that prices will remain stable to slightly softer due to lower feedstocks costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa