Plasticizers - Europe February 2016
A distributor concluded some February deals for West and Central European cargoes with decreases from €25/ton to €60/ton depending on the purchasing volumes. “We are anticipating a stable trend for March looking at the upstream markets. In addition, prices have reached quite low levels in the plasticizers market,” the seller commented.
Buyers reported making purchases for February with decreases of up to €60/ton and attributed these reductions to sellers’ sales pressure.
Regarding the March outlook, some buyers are anticipating a mostly stable trend for plasticizers, assuming that prices have hit the bottom this month while a few others are considering slight discounts to be also possible.
March propylene contracts settled with rollovers from February at €560/ton FD NWE today, supporting expectations of a stabilization for the approaching month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook