Plasticizers - Europe February 2016
A distributor concluded some February deals for West and Central European cargoes with decreases from €25/ton to €60/ton depending on the purchasing volumes. “We are anticipating a stable trend for March looking at the upstream markets. In addition, prices have reached quite low levels in the plasticizers market,” the seller commented.
Buyers reported making purchases for February with decreases of up to €60/ton and attributed these reductions to sellers’ sales pressure.
Regarding the March outlook, some buyers are anticipating a mostly stable trend for plasticizers, assuming that prices have hit the bottom this month while a few others are considering slight discounts to be also possible.
March propylene contracts settled with rollovers from February at €560/ton FD NWE today, supporting expectations of a stabilization for the approaching month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds