Plasticizers - Europe February 2016
A distributor concluded some February deals for West and Central European cargoes with decreases from €25/ton to €60/ton depending on the purchasing volumes. “We are anticipating a stable trend for March looking at the upstream markets. In addition, prices have reached quite low levels in the plasticizers market,” the seller commented.
Buyers reported making purchases for February with decreases of up to €60/ton and attributed these reductions to sellers’ sales pressure.
Regarding the March outlook, some buyers are anticipating a mostly stable trend for plasticizers, assuming that prices have hit the bottom this month while a few others are considering slight discounts to be also possible.
March propylene contracts settled with rollovers from February at €560/ton FD NWE today, supporting expectations of a stabilization for the approaching month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year