European Plasticizers Update
A distributor sold West and Central European cargoes with rollovers from last month after initially aiming for increases of €30/ton. “Hike attempts failed to pass on deals since the market is weak and suppliers are struggling to make sales. The June outlook is stable considering that there is no room for increases,” he noted.
At the beginning of May, a compounder reported receiving initial offers for plasticizers with small increases of €10/ton from April. The buyer said that he decided to skip his purchases this month considering his sufficient stocks and commented that demand for plasticizers appeared to be weaker compared to PVC.
Such hike requests failed to meet acceptance and many buyers completed their purchases with rollovers from April given the weak market conditions. Some converters also pointed to the incoming imports from Asia as another factor preventing prices from registering increases. May offers for Far East Asian material were reported at €1000-1020/ton for DINP and at €1010-1030/ton for DOTP on a DDP, 60 days deferred payment basis. Turkish DOTP was also offered in the range of €990-1010/ton with the same terms.
A buyer, however, considered local prices to be more competitive with respect to imports and commented that the outlook is steady for June as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months