Plasticizers - Europe July 2016
A European producer completed their June deals for plasticizers with increases of €20-30/ton from May. The supplier applied further increases of €20-30/ton on their new July prices, bringing their new offers to €1020-1080/ton for DIDP and DINP on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. A producer source commented, “Demand was healthy in June and we expect to see good buying interest in July as well.”
A compounder bought some Central European cargoes with rollovers from May after receiving many June offers up €15-30/ton from last month. “A major producer was aiming for hikes of €60/ton at the beginning of June, but toned down their increases to €30/ton afterwards. The market is still weak and imports are offering a competitive edge,” he noted.
Another compounder also purchased different European origins with increases of €10/ton for June. The buyer reported, “Import prices are low for the time being. Although demand was weak during June, we think that producers might aim for higher prices in July considering higher propylene costs.”
In the import market, South Korean DOTP was for July delivery was dealt at €950/ton DDP, 60 days. Turkish DOTP was purchased at €970/ton with the same terms. For DINP, Far East Asian material for delivery in July were sold at €980/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion