European Plasticizers Update
A European producer completed their June deals for plasticizers with increases of €20-30/ton from May. The supplier applied further increases of €20-30/ton on their new July prices, bringing their new offers to €1020-1080/ton for DIDP and DINP on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. A producer source commented, “Demand was healthy in June and we expect to see good buying interest in July as well.”
A compounder bought some Central European cargoes with rollovers from May after receiving many June offers up €15-30/ton from last month. “A major producer was aiming for hikes of €60/ton at the beginning of June, but toned down their increases to €30/ton afterwards. The market is still weak and imports are offering a competitive edge,” he noted.
Another compounder also purchased different European origins with increases of €10/ton for June. The buyer reported, “Import prices are low for the time being. Although demand was weak during June, we think that producers might aim for higher prices in July considering higher propylene costs.”
In the import market, South Korean DOTP was for July delivery was dealt at €950/ton DDP, 60 days. Turkish DOTP was purchased at €970/ton with the same terms. For DINP, Far East Asian material for delivery in July were sold at €980/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019