Plasticizers - Europe August 2016
A distributor lifted his July offers for plasticizers by €20/ton from June. “The market is calm and some producers achieved increases between €30-60/ton in the June-July period while we heard that a West European producer left their prices unchanged in July,” he noted.
A compounder made some purchases with increases of €20-25/ton for July. According to the buyer, supply is ample for both European cargoes and imports. Another compounder bought West and Central European origins up €20/ton from June. The buyer stated that producers couldn’t apply larger increases considering ample supply for plasticizers, adding that he anticipates a stable trend for August.
A converter, however, completed his July deals with rollovers from June pointing to the weak market conditions after his suppliers initially sought small increases. The buyer is projecting a steady trend for August. Another converter received July offers for plasticizers with rollovers to small increases of €10/ton. The buyer expects to see some decreases in August, assuming that the market isn’t strong enough to support higher prices.
In the import market, July offers for South Korean DINP and DOTP were quoted at €980-1010/ton DDP, 60 days.
For August, initial prices for plasticizers are slowly emerging with rollovers to decreases of €10-20/ton from July this week in line with expectations. However, buyers, who received these offers, think that further discounts might be possible during the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September