European Plasticizers Update
A distributor lifted his July offers for plasticizers by €20/ton from June. “The market is calm and some producers achieved increases between €30-60/ton in the June-July period while we heard that a West European producer left their prices unchanged in July,” he noted.
A compounder made some purchases with increases of €20-25/ton for July. According to the buyer, supply is ample for both European cargoes and imports. Another compounder bought West and Central European origins up €20/ton from June. The buyer stated that producers couldn’t apply larger increases considering ample supply for plasticizers, adding that he anticipates a stable trend for August.
A converter, however, completed his July deals with rollovers from June pointing to the weak market conditions after his suppliers initially sought small increases. The buyer is projecting a steady trend for August. Another converter received July offers for plasticizers with rollovers to small increases of €10/ton. The buyer expects to see some decreases in August, assuming that the market isn’t strong enough to support higher prices.
In the import market, July offers for South Korean DINP and DOTP were quoted at €980-1010/ton DDP, 60 days.
For August, initial prices for plasticizers are slowly emerging with rollovers to decreases of €10-20/ton from July this week in line with expectations. However, buyers, who received these offers, think that further discounts might be possible during the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports