European Plasticizers Update
A South European producer concluded their August deals for plasticizers at stable levels from July. A producer source commented, “Demand was better than our expectations in August. We are mulling over issuing some increases in September as trading activities are anticipated to pick up.”
A distributor closed his August plasticizers business with rollovers from July. After propylene contracts settled €20/ton higher for September, the seller is projecting increases of €10-20/ton for plasticizers. In addition, he thinks that supply is likely to dwindle as some producers will conduct planned turnarounds.
Some buyers completed their August purchases at unchanged levels with respect to July while a few compounders reported that discounts of up to €10-20/ton were also available, attributing this situation to ample availability on the part of some suppliers.
In the import market, South Korean DINP prices for August were quoted in the range of €950-980/ton DDP, 60 days. A buyer stated that the offers he received were lower compared with July. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were offered at €950-1030/ton DDP, 60 days. Low end import offers brought about weak September expectations among some buyers before propylene contracts were agreed with increases.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high