European Plasticizers Update
An end product manufacturer concluded their October deals for plasticizers with increases of €10-20/ton from last month. “Demand is weak. For November, we are anticipating increases of €20-30/ton considering higher feedstock costs,” added the buyer.
A PVC compounder purchased some material with increases of up to €10-30/ton from last month, adding that demand is slowing down. “Prices are expected to increase in November as feedstock costs will probably go up again,” added the compounder.
A distributor sold Central European DINP and DIDP with €10/ton increases from September while applying increases of €20-30/ton for DOTP. “Prices still have room for additional increases,” he noted.
Another distributor commented, “Demand is weak, however, suppliers managed to achieve small hikes given short supply. Prices are set to post further hikes in November, yet these hikes wouldn’t find support from demand side unless it improves.”
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered at €990/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were reported at€1025/ton with the same terms. Turkish cargoes were offered at €1040-1050/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports