Plasticizers - Europe October 2016
An end product manufacturer concluded their October deals for plasticizers with increases of €10-20/ton from last month. “Demand is weak. For November, we are anticipating increases of €20-30/ton considering higher feedstock costs,” added the buyer.
A PVC compounder purchased some material with increases of up to €10-30/ton from last month, adding that demand is slowing down. “Prices are expected to increase in November as feedstock costs will probably go up again,” added the compounder.
A distributor sold Central European DINP and DIDP with €10/ton increases from September while applying increases of €20-30/ton for DOTP. “Prices still have room for additional increases,” he noted.
Another distributor commented, “Demand is weak, however, suppliers managed to achieve small hikes given short supply. Prices are set to post further hikes in November, yet these hikes wouldn’t find support from demand side unless it improves.”
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered at €990/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were reported at€1025/ton with the same terms. Turkish cargoes were offered at €1040-1050/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PVC market looks for direction amid divergent factors
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights