Plasticizers - Europe October 2016
An end product manufacturer concluded their October deals for plasticizers with increases of €10-20/ton from last month. “Demand is weak. For November, we are anticipating increases of €20-30/ton considering higher feedstock costs,” added the buyer.
A PVC compounder purchased some material with increases of up to €10-30/ton from last month, adding that demand is slowing down. “Prices are expected to increase in November as feedstock costs will probably go up again,” added the compounder.
A distributor sold Central European DINP and DIDP with €10/ton increases from September while applying increases of €20-30/ton for DOTP. “Prices still have room for additional increases,” he noted.
Another distributor commented, “Demand is weak, however, suppliers managed to achieve small hikes given short supply. Prices are set to post further hikes in November, yet these hikes wouldn’t find support from demand side unless it improves.”
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered at €990/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were reported at€1025/ton with the same terms. Turkish cargoes were offered at €1040-1050/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers