Plasticizers - Europe November 2016
A distributor reported selling West European DINP and DIDP with increases of up to €110/ton for November. The distributor commented, “Usual DINP buyers prefer to switch to DOTP this month given the supply shortness from BASF and therefore DOTP prices posted some increases as well in line with the improving demand. We expect further increases on December prices as the impact of the short supplies is likely to persist until January.”
A plasticizers producer concluded November deals for DINP and DIDP with €100-150/ton increases from last month. The producer added, “Supply in the market tightened significantly following the explosion at BASF and we have already sold out. Supply shortness is expected to last at least for 2 or 3 months.”
An agent based in Switzerland reported that producers will try to apply additional increases or maintain their levels in December.
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered within the range of €1090-1150/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were offered at €1025-1080/ton with the same terms. Turkish material was dealt at €1040/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets