Plasticizers - Europe November 2016
A distributor reported selling West European DINP and DIDP with increases of up to €110/ton for November. The distributor commented, “Usual DINP buyers prefer to switch to DOTP this month given the supply shortness from BASF and therefore DOTP prices posted some increases as well in line with the improving demand. We expect further increases on December prices as the impact of the short supplies is likely to persist until January.”
A plasticizers producer concluded November deals for DINP and DIDP with €100-150/ton increases from last month. The producer added, “Supply in the market tightened significantly following the explosion at BASF and we have already sold out. Supply shortness is expected to last at least for 2 or 3 months.”
An agent based in Switzerland reported that producers will try to apply additional increases or maintain their levels in December.
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered within the range of €1090-1150/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were offered at €1025-1080/ton with the same terms. Turkish material was dealt at €1040/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe