Plasticizers - Europe November 2016
A distributor reported selling West European DINP and DIDP with increases of up to €110/ton for November. The distributor commented, “Usual DINP buyers prefer to switch to DOTP this month given the supply shortness from BASF and therefore DOTP prices posted some increases as well in line with the improving demand. We expect further increases on December prices as the impact of the short supplies is likely to persist until January.”
A plasticizers producer concluded November deals for DINP and DIDP with €100-150/ton increases from last month. The producer added, “Supply in the market tightened significantly following the explosion at BASF and we have already sold out. Supply shortness is expected to last at least for 2 or 3 months.”
An agent based in Switzerland reported that producers will try to apply additional increases or maintain their levels in December.
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered within the range of €1090-1150/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were offered at €1025-1080/ton with the same terms. Turkish material was dealt at €1040/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins