Plasticizers - Europe November 2016
A distributor reported selling West European DINP and DIDP with increases of up to €110/ton for November. The distributor commented, “Usual DINP buyers prefer to switch to DOTP this month given the supply shortness from BASF and therefore DOTP prices posted some increases as well in line with the improving demand. We expect further increases on December prices as the impact of the short supplies is likely to persist until January.”
A plasticizers producer concluded November deals for DINP and DIDP with €100-150/ton increases from last month. The producer added, “Supply in the market tightened significantly following the explosion at BASF and we have already sold out. Supply shortness is expected to last at least for 2 or 3 months.”
An agent based in Switzerland reported that producers will try to apply additional increases or maintain their levels in December.
In the import market, South Korean DINP was offered within the range of €1090-1150/ton DDP, 60 days. For DOTP, South Korean cargoes were offered at €1025-1080/ton with the same terms. Turkish material was dealt at €1040/ton DDP, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing