Plasticizers - Europe December 2016
A distributor reported selling West European material up €100/ton for DINP and DIDP and up €50-60/ton for DOTP. The distributor commented, “Some buyers switched to DOTP as they did not accept large increases on DINP prices. Demand has been very slow this month. Still, we expect higher prices for January. We think that our suppliers will keep the size of the increase amounts limited considering large increases for December.”
A plasticizers producer who sold material with €100/ton increases commented, “Outlook is bullish for January and we think that prices have room for another €100/ton increases due to the firmer feedstock costs and tight availability. Availability from BASF should go back to normal by June and therefore we expect a bullish trend for the entire first quarter.”
Another distributor noted, “BASF is expected to supply less material until March-April and other producers might take advantage of this situation to boost their margins.”
A seller in Switzerland reported to have sold material with €80/ton increases due to the short supply from BASF. The seller added, “Demand is in balance with supply. For January, we expect a stable to firmer trend.”
A manufacturer reported paying €60/ton increases for South European DINP and DIDP at €1140-1150/ton and commented, “We will only buy in small quantities as the month is short and demand is weak.”
In the import market, DOTP offers for South Korean and Turkish origins stand at €1090-1140/ton on DDP, 60 days deferred payment basis while DOTP deals for the same origins were concluded within the range of €1060-1150/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing