Plasticizers - Europe February 2017
The done deal ranges are quoted at €1180-1320/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1180-1250/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days. Prices were up by €20/ton on both ends for DINP and DIDP while DOTP prices increased by €100/ton on the low end and €50/ton on the high end.
A manufacturer reported to have bought some material with €30-50/ton increases from January, adding, “We expect the upward trend to be extended into March given the persistent supply issues. However, increase amounts might be limited in the next months.”
A plasticizers producer, who sold his material with increases of €20-50/ton for February, reported that the March outlook is bullish since feedstock costs are increasing and there is room for further increases. According to a source, demand has been good amid short supplies.
A distributor reported selling West European material with €20/ton increases for DINP and DIDP while selling DOTP €40-50/ton higher from last month. The seller stated, “Demand was not that bad this month and we expect strong hikes for DOTP next month as upstream supplies are very short. Therefore, we expect increases above €50/ton for DOTP while DINP prices might post increases similar to February hikes.”
March propylene contracts were fully settled with €50/ton increases, meanwhile.
Some players in the distribution channel, meanwhile, lamented about poor demand and cited tight availability as the main reason behind large increases for February. A distributor in Switzerland reported to have sold DOTP with €70-80/ton increases from last month.
A buyer from France opined, “We expect further increases of around €30-40/ton for next month now that propylene contracts were settled higher and material is reported to be short.”
In Germany, a compounder stated that DINP and DIDP prices are expected to post the same increase amount in the new propylene contracts for March.
In the import market, Korean DIDP was traded at €1250/ton while DINP was concluded within the range of €1200-1230/ton DDP Italy, 30/60 days. DOTP deals were closed at €1150-1250/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds