Plasticizers - Europe February 2017
The done deal ranges are quoted at €1180-1320/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1180-1250/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days. Prices were up by €20/ton on both ends for DINP and DIDP while DOTP prices increased by €100/ton on the low end and €50/ton on the high end.
A manufacturer reported to have bought some material with €30-50/ton increases from January, adding, “We expect the upward trend to be extended into March given the persistent supply issues. However, increase amounts might be limited in the next months.”
A plasticizers producer, who sold his material with increases of €20-50/ton for February, reported that the March outlook is bullish since feedstock costs are increasing and there is room for further increases. According to a source, demand has been good amid short supplies.
A distributor reported selling West European material with €20/ton increases for DINP and DIDP while selling DOTP €40-50/ton higher from last month. The seller stated, “Demand was not that bad this month and we expect strong hikes for DOTP next month as upstream supplies are very short. Therefore, we expect increases above €50/ton for DOTP while DINP prices might post increases similar to February hikes.”
March propylene contracts were fully settled with €50/ton increases, meanwhile.
Some players in the distribution channel, meanwhile, lamented about poor demand and cited tight availability as the main reason behind large increases for February. A distributor in Switzerland reported to have sold DOTP with €70-80/ton increases from last month.
A buyer from France opined, “We expect further increases of around €30-40/ton for next month now that propylene contracts were settled higher and material is reported to be short.”
In Germany, a compounder stated that DINP and DIDP prices are expected to post the same increase amount in the new propylene contracts for March.
In the import market, Korean DIDP was traded at €1250/ton while DINP was concluded within the range of €1200-1230/ton DDP Italy, 30/60 days. DOTP deals were closed at €1150-1250/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high