Plasticizers - Europe April 2017
A distributor of Central European material sold his cargos of DINP and DIDP €20-30/ton higher compare to last month while he concluded some deals with increases of €150/ton for DOTP. The supplier stated, “Supply for DOTP is very short also for this month and we applied further hikes due to the monomer increases for April. Plus, our supplier will conduct a maintenance so availability will continue to be short in May.”
Converters are holding their purchases for DOTP as they hope that suppliers will step back from their initial hike requests. In addition, they are using their existing stocks for now and some imports purchased last month. A PVC compounder commented, “Demand is not so brilliant at the moment. We purchased some DINP and DIDP with increases of €20-40/ton, but for DOTP we prefer to wait since prices reached very high levels with suppliers asking massive increases also in the import market.”
Import material is reported within a wide range of €1400/ton and €1500/ton both for Turkish and Asian DOTP on DDP basis, 60 days basis.
In Germany, a converter secured some cargoes of DOTP paying increases of €70/ton at the beginning of the month, while another converter in France received a few offers with hikes of €15-20/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer commented, “Despite these increases, we think that there might be still some space for prices to increase in the medium term .”
Most of the converters have already purchased their DINP and DIDP material while they decided to remain on the sidelines before buying fresh DOTP cargoes thinking that suppliers might lower their prices later in the month. Therefore, the market is generally quiet ahead of the Easter holidays and it is expected to revive in the second part of April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East