Plasticizers - Europe April 2017
A distributor of Central European material sold his cargos of DINP and DIDP €20-30/ton higher compare to last month while he concluded some deals with increases of €150/ton for DOTP. The supplier stated, “Supply for DOTP is very short also for this month and we applied further hikes due to the monomer increases for April. Plus, our supplier will conduct a maintenance so availability will continue to be short in May.”
Converters are holding their purchases for DOTP as they hope that suppliers will step back from their initial hike requests. In addition, they are using their existing stocks for now and some imports purchased last month. A PVC compounder commented, “Demand is not so brilliant at the moment. We purchased some DINP and DIDP with increases of €20-40/ton, but for DOTP we prefer to wait since prices reached very high levels with suppliers asking massive increases also in the import market.”
Import material is reported within a wide range of €1400/ton and €1500/ton both for Turkish and Asian DOTP on DDP basis, 60 days basis.
In Germany, a converter secured some cargoes of DOTP paying increases of €70/ton at the beginning of the month, while another converter in France received a few offers with hikes of €15-20/ton for DINP and DIDP. The buyer commented, “Despite these increases, we think that there might be still some space for prices to increase in the medium term .”
Most of the converters have already purchased their DINP and DIDP material while they decided to remain on the sidelines before buying fresh DOTP cargoes thinking that suppliers might lower their prices later in the month. Therefore, the market is generally quiet ahead of the Easter holidays and it is expected to revive in the second part of April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China