Plasticizers - Europe September 2017
The price ranges for September stand at €1300-1400/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1300-1400/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
Although September propylene contracts settled higher from August, supply improvements stemming from increasing import volumes put a downward pressure on plasticizers prices this month. An agent of Central European and Asian material sold his September allocations with decreases depending on the initial offer levels to his customers. The source commented, “Although import prices are competitive for now, we think that supply from overseas suppliers will diminish soon as prices in Asia are going up.” A South European producer sold his volumes with rollovers to decreases from last month, adding that demand has been very strong so far.
On the converters’ side, buyers are slowly approaching the market and a few lower done deals have been reported. A compounder noted, “We purchased our material with €30-40/ton decreases this month and we think that supply might see further relief when BASF will fully come back to the market.”
In the import market, a buyer bought some DOTP from Turkey at €1230/ton on DDP basis, 60 days. The source commented that prices might post further decreases in October since BASF will come back to the market with aggressive prices.
The short term outlook is mainly steady as no major changes are expected until the end of the month. Early October expectations started to emerge on a stable to softer note; however, the future trend will be shaped depending on supply-demand dynamics.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers